Has this Working Group been approved by the GA in NYC?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has this Working Group been approved by the GA in NYC?

Post by Doomer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:49 pm

My understanding is that Micheal has rejoined this group and we are merging with his efforts. I think he will start to direct people to this forum for working groups when the forum has been finished being redesigned.

I completely agree that we need the support of OWS and NYCGA. We have a liaison with the NYCGA and to me it sounds like things can be worked out there. We are the liaison to any GA we can make it to.

Doomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Steel on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Doomer wrote:I completely agree that we need the support of OWS and NYCGA. We have a liaison with the NYCGA and to me it sounds like things can be worked out there. We are the liaison to any GA we can make it to.
The various occupations, because of their behavior, are fast becoming personae non gratae. Even if they survive as an idea, they will be alienated from most Americans. Being associated with them will not serve this effort well.

Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Joe Steel wrote:
Doomer wrote:I completely agree that we need the support of OWS and NYCGA. We have a liaison with the NYCGA and to me it sounds like things can be worked out there. We are the liaison to any GA we can make it to.
The various occupations, because of their behavior, are fast becoming personae non gratae. Even if they survive as an idea, they will be alienated from most Americans. Being associated with them will not serve this effort well.

I don't know if this is true. If they just left the occupies alone to die a slow death, it most likely would be. But if there is more action like out in Oakland, I think there are a lot of people that dislike seeing political protests suppressed more than they dislike the atmosphere being reported.

There was an article in the MSM today saying 43% to 27% people support OWS and 46% to 34% say it represents Americans' views. (I'd do a link but don't want to get in trouble for copyrights).

Doomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Betsy on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:44 pm

DJequalityNash wrote:Stuart is correct. Without support we will not get far at all. As Chris Wheeler pointed out, in probably a different thread, the Peoples Congress is working on exactly the same plan, and they have a much better name, not to mention a sister who's in with the NYCGA. And their elected delegation will be taking their focused statement at right about the same time, directly to Washington DC, where they will convene on the National Mall.

And Michael himself is still working on the same project as well, somewhere else?

We may want to reevaluate our goals.

If there is a People's Congress and this group, why wouldn't we merge together to work toward the same goal? Why work for an Assembly in Philly and a Congress in D.C. That is certainly not a united front. Personal agendas should be left at the door. This movement is about restoring democracy to the 99%, and it would make sense to merge two groups working on similar goals. I am so ready to pour my heart and soul into something concrete, instead of visiting every forum I signed up for to intellectualize, philosophize, and analyze!! In Solidarity, Betsy

Betsy

http://www.beyondthematerial.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomer on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:39 pm

I started a thread for the People's Congress in http://the99delegation.forumotion.com/t455-people-s-congress#2915. (If you can't see the link it's under WorkGroups/Community Outreach/Like-Minded Groups.

Please put up any information you have on the group. It may be a good idea to have someone reach out and liaison. Any volunteers?

Doomer

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum