The 99 Logo

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 99 Logo

Post by Joe Steel on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm

DJequalityNash wrote:I agree with Alex that we shouldn't choose anything too blatantly American.
In that case, my suggestion of the 13 stars of the first American flag would be appropriately similar to the 12 stars of the European Union.

Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Steel on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Alex wrote:I also wasn't aware that the 99%/Occupy movements were about sorting out domestic policy, I'm part of it because I believe the problems we are facing now are global. Close your mind to the rest of the world if it currently suits you at this moment in time but a narrow minded nationalistic view like yours is no help to our situation at all. Your attitude disgusts me and I question your right to even be a member of this forum.
I don't know how you could have gotten the idea this undertaking was about anything but American issues. We said, explicitly, that we were going to elect delegates from each of the 435 American Congressional districts and send them to Philadelphia on the Fourth of July. Did you miss that?

Joe Steel

Back to top Go down

Logo suggestion

Post by 43north on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

43north

Back to top Go down

Forget the "99"

Post by Joe Steel on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:14 pm

I think we should just forget the "99." It's meaning is not intuitive. Unless someone is well-versed in economics, they probably don't have a natural grasp of the top 1% and the bottom 99% of the income and wealth distribution.

Joe Steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Joe Steel wrote:
Alex wrote:I also wasn't aware that the 99%/Occupy movements were about sorting out domestic policy, I'm part of it because I believe the problems we are facing now are global. Close your mind to the rest of the world if it currently suits you at this moment in time but a narrow minded nationalistic view like yours is no help to our situation at all. Your attitude disgusts me and I question your right to even be a member of this forum.
I don't know how you could have gotten the idea this undertaking was about anything but American issues. We said, explicitly, that we were going to elect delegates from each of the 435 American Congressional districts and send them to Philadelphia on the Fourth of July. Did you miss that?

Well yeah... I guess I did. I stand corrected. Good luck in your endeavours,I wish you all well......

Alex

Back to top Go down

Re: Alex

Post by PDT on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Ultimately, I agree that this entire movement is a global one. If you have paid attention to what is going on in the world right now; Arab Spring, Greece, Spain and others, the sentiment is mutual. Everyone is inspiring everyone else, and vice versa. That's a good thing, and I'm glad its happening.

The banks and corporations we are pitted against are multi-nationals. They owe nothing to any one country or any one people. Their sole purpose in life is to make profits. They owe nothing to our democracies, our governments, our people. In fact, they have thrown off all forms of government everywhere.

That being said, we do all have to start somewhere. The idea proposed here is a US assembly, where we direct our message towards our current government. Hopefully with some success. As others have had recently, to some degree, around the world.

We act separately, but in solidarity with the common cause.

Back to the logo. I like the 99 part, not the George Washington part. That's all.

-Paul

PDT

Back to top Go down

Post by nobud on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Priyanshu wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is something I made

I really like this

nobud

Back to top Go down

99declaration.com proposed masthead

Post by PDT on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:44 pm

posted in workinggroups as well.

-Paul

PDT

Back to top Go down

Post by jwalls on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:13 am

43north has the strongest so far.

But honestly, I think a decent logo is something we should solicit requests for donations for (from us, I'm willing to contribute) and pay professional designers to do.

And let's keep it simple, we don't have to spend time shopping for a designer:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will do that work for us. Also, it will all let us view design concepts from a number of designers, and we pay when we find one we like.

jwalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramon on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Jenye wrote:Its pretty good...except for one thing...the "99" isn't clear when the flag is on its side.

Maybe Velcro the '99' so it can be adjusted for heraldic 'on its side' display?

Ramon

Back to top Go down

Logo suggestion submitted for discussion

Post by haggiswench on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Would someone contact me and explain how I insert an image into this?

haggiswench

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 pm

haggiswench wrote:Would someone contact me and explain how I insert an image into this?

You should be able to post one now. Find an image on the Internet (possibly one that you've designed and saved somewhere like Flickr), right click on the image, then choose "Copy Image Location". Come here, then click on the image icon above the text area; it looks like a polaroid of a tree. Ctrl-V (paste) your link there. Click ok, and voila!

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by haggiswench on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 pm

It's an original design, created in my computer. The only place it exists on the web is in my facebook photos. Will that work?

haggiswench

Back to top Go down

Post by haggiswench on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 pm

haggiswench

Back to top Go down

Post by admin on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Hooray! It worked! (Cool design, by the way.)

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top