SLOGAN IDEAS

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I like this

Post by Priyanshu on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:44 am

This is not original but I like it.

"A Country where 1% of the people makes decisions for the other 99% is not a democracy."

Priyanshu

Posts: 4
Join date: 2011-10-19
Age: 50
Location: Miami

http://adathakkar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Loliver54 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:42 am

Honor, Truth, Fairness for All - We the People

Change Now for a Better Tomorrow

Come Together - We, the 99%

Loliver54

Posts: 1
Join date: 2011-10-29
Age: 60
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Jenye on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Economic Justice ! Economic Justice ! For all of us NOW ! For All of us NOW !

Jenye

Posts: 79
Join date: 2011-10-20
Age: 58
Location: 1st Congressional District Washington

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Slogan Suggestion

Post by haggiswench on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:40 pm

America: Not For Sale

haggiswench

Posts: 6
Join date: 2011-10-20
Age: 66
Location: TX-06 Plano

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Joe Steel on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 am

haggiswench wrote:...

Please reformat your congressional district.

Please see the Global Announcement: Change Your Profile Location
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Joe Steel

Posts: 155
Join date: 2011-10-19
Age: 65
Location: MO-01 Westport

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Jenye on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:03 pm

This brings to mind a chant : "We Demand Democracy ! Democracy NOW !"

With that chant, the meter gives a beat...you can dance to it.

Priyanshu wrote:This is not original but I like it.

"A Country where 1% of the people makes decisions for the other 99% is not a democracy."

Jenye

Posts: 79
Join date: 2011-10-20
Age: 58
Location: 1st Congressional District Washington

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by PDT on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 pm

I like the tried and true: "This is what Democracy looks like!"

PDT

Posts: 169
Join date: 2011-10-19
Age: 53
Location: PA-02

Back to top Go down

yeah

Post by Jenye on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Understood...but the problem with that is...it says "We already have the kind of government we are happy with."

When you say "Democracy NOW !" it is a clear statement that democracy is not being practiced and so the people have gathered to demand that things change...that a government of, by and for the people be established...either from the ashes from the old...or by building it up on top of the rubble of the old...either way...the people are fed up and want CHANGE.

See what I mean? Its not just about a chant people are used to...its about a statement that shakes at the very core of what our opponents are about. It tells them "We know that you are not practicing democratic principals. We're tired of this one sided all for you and nothing for us nonsense. That has to change...right NOW"

"Democracy Now !"

Think about all that is said in that brief little statement. Don't just blow it off because you are used to something else. Please.

Jennifer Warren



PDT wrote:I like the tried and true: "This is what Democracy looks like!"

Jenye

Posts: 79
Join date: 2011-10-20
Age: 58
Location: 1st Congressional District Washington

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by PDT on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm not blowing it off, and it does work for me. At this point I think we just need to get a mission statement out there. I'd be willing to go with Democracy Now!

-Paul

PDT

Posts: 169
Join date: 2011-10-19
Age: 53
Location: PA-02

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Jenye on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree. Perhaps a statement of the top ten things we believe would help us establish democracy...aka a list of demands...but coached in terms of

1: Because the Federal Reserve was and is established and controlled by Bankers, rather than the federal government, The Federal Reserve has no authority to set interest rates or to demand that its name appear on currency issued by the United States Treasury.
A) Accordingly, We the 99% demand that the sole authority to set interest rates and print money exist SOLELY with the United States Treasury, and that the Federal Reserve be dissolved, with all of its resources transferred to the US Treasury.
B) We also demand that any resistance to this be deemed as an act of treason, and that the agencies responsible for the arrest and conviction of traitors act accordingly.


Please note the format I've used here...

First, I establish the reason for the demand
secondly : I state the demand
lastly : I add teeth to the demand.

This format should be incorporated in all of our demands. Anything short of this is like telling a kid "don't take a cookie"...and then doing nothing when the kid does until they reach for another and another and another. Fairly soon, there will be no cookies.

Without consequences , I can guarantee you that our demands will be given lip service at best.

But... I would limit our demands to ten. Anything more than that starts to look like a laundry list. anything less and it looks like we could be bought off easily. Ten is the right number. it has a bit of authority to it...the base ten system, the ten commandments, the top ten list...and now... the Ten Demands of the 99%%

Of course...thats just my opinion

PDT wrote:I'm not blowing it off, and it does work for me. At this point I think we just need to get a mission statement out there. I'd be willing to go with Democracy Now!

-Paul

Jenye

Posts: 79
Join date: 2011-10-20
Age: 58
Location: 1st Congressional District Washington

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Re: Slogan Ideas

Post by TuSpd on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Listen...,
and you can hear it,
the peoples voices,
We are here, we are now, we are the 99%

TuSpd

Posts: 30
Join date: 2011-10-19
Location: MO-03

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Joe Steel on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:02 am

Jenye wrote:...
Please reformat your location.

Please see the Global Announcement: Change Your Profile Location
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Joe Steel

Posts: 155
Join date: 2011-10-19
Age: 65
Location: MO-01 Westport

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Jenye on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:50 pm

(What do we want?)
DEMOCRACY NOW !
(What?)
DEMOCRACY NOW !
(What?)
DEMOCRACY NOW !
(What?)
DEMOCRACY NOW !


Priyanshu wrote:This is not original but I like it.



"A Country where 1% of the people makes decisions for the other 99% is not a democracy."

Jenye

Posts: 79
Join date: 2011-10-20
Age: 58
Location: 1st Congressional District Washington

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by kathyhoganloryer on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 am

OK, here's my pitch:

Congress just voted to reaffirm that our national motto is "In God We Trust," which was first adopted in 1956, at the height of the McCarthy hysteria. (Our national motto is, of course, offensive to non-believers).

Congress adopted "E pluribus unum" in 1782, meaning "Out of many, one."

That one works for me, it's already our nation's motto (or it used to be before the whole God thing happened).

We're reclaiming America, why not reclaim our motto while we're at it, one that includes everyone (and doesn't exclude non-believers).

The advantages:

It's timely (in refuting Congress' recent silliness in wasting time reaffirming In God We Trust);

It's already the national motto (or waS), and it appears on the national seal;

By reclaiming this motto, detractors could not possibly argue that we had a goofy or irrelevant slogan;

It's a reminder and reaffirmation for we, the 99%, that out of the many, we are one!

So, I say "Out of many, one."


kathyhoganloryer

Posts: 74
Join date: 2011-10-22
Location: NJ-01 Haddon Township, Camden County

http://kathyhogan.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SLOGAN IDEAS

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 am

[quote="kathyhoganloryer"]OK, here's my pitch:

Congress just voted to reaffirm that our national motto is "In God We Trust," which was first adopted in 1956, at the height of the McCarthy hysteria. (Our national motto is, of course, offensive to non-believers).

Congress adopted "E pluribus unum" in 1782, meaning "Out of many, one."

That one works for me, it's already our nation's motto (or it used to be before the whole God thing happened).

Really great points, Kathy!
I think people just need to be reminded of E pluribus unum and what it means. It really is a powerful motto. Anyway, there's no reason we can't have more than one slogan.

E pluribus Unum!
Johanna


Last edited by Johanna on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : operator error -formatting)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum