GrassRoots Committee

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GrassRoots Committee

Post by BrenW on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 pm

I would like to volunteer for the state of Oklahoma. I am a small business owner (which does limit my available time, sadly) but if given enough notice I can connect with and at least attempt to organize those in my state. I am currently in contact with Occupy OKC. I want this to succeed, and have all ready begun the process of organizing a group here in my town of Lawton with some folks so we can be ready to hold elections for our district. What else do you need me to do? I'm ready!

---Brenda Weber

BrenW

Back to top Go down

Post by jryberg on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I just found this site. I'm Jerry Ryberg, in Galesburg, IL. I'm mainly interested in LEGISLATION, and this email just received from moneyouttapolitics.org (MOP) is another reason why:
"The arguments against the constitutional amendment idea are in OpEd article that you have seen. They range from the fact that it will take 2/3ds of Congress and 38 states to get an amendment but just a majortiy vote from Congress to get legislation - to the fact that a constitutional amendment cannot possibly contain the complexity to cover all the legal issues necessary to get money out of politics. The main issue is that a constitutional amendment is unnecessary because Art III allows Congress to restrict the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.. Attached is a draft of an article about to be published which gives the details on this point.

I haven't opened the PDF yet, but Larry Kachimba and his group sure seem to know what they are talking about.

jryberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Moved to Community Outreach workgroup forum

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top