The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members

+2
DJequalityNash
admin
6 posters

Go down

Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members Empty Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members

Post by admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Michael has been receiving inquiries from the press and we need a panel of advisers to write up official replies to questions from the press, etc.

If you have experience in HR, PR, Reporting, Writing, etc. Please apply to help.

To apply, reply to this thread with the following information:
Name
Why you believe you are right for the position summarized in one paragraph

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members Empty Re: Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members

Post by DJequalityNash Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:56 pm

DJ Nash
Rural NW Georgia
No Experience
I can help if needed, I understand that how we frame things is important, and I'm willing to learn.

DJequalityNash

http://bythepeople-forthepeople.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members Empty Re: Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:51 am

Johanna Nation
Northern New Hampshire
I've been a reporter, press release writer and book reviewer, all on a small scale. I love to write, maintain a blog, and am detail-oriented. I have backgrounds in history, Poli. Sci. And education. I prefer to work on a team. Most of the typos you see in my posts are the result of Auto-correct. I promise I'm more meticulous than that!

Back to top Go down

Post by joshuany2 Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 am

Josh Tomaszewski
Rochester, New York

I have worked for a newspaper as a beat reporter on internship and I've done some minor public relations work including the development of nursing program brochures for a non-profit. I am pretty much obsessed with learning how TV Radio and other mediums are used for propaganda. I have a degree in both Political Science and Journalism. In general, I can probably contribute by establishing a strong message that is simple and powerful (IE think Frank Luntz) and can help establish a powerful "brand" that could be easily recognizable to the masses.
As part of a team of critical thinkers, anything is possible.

joshuany2

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Public Relations WorkGroup Members Empty I've been working on crafting a message for the following topics...

Post by uncommonfilth Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 pm

For more yrs, than I'd prefer to count..Taxation,Transparency,Disparity,Healthcare,Criminal Justice,Foreign Policy,Education,and Environmental Affairs...No Official exp. as a reporter/journalist..Would describe myself as the most Conservative, and Liberal Person I Know..And feel I can contribute in these areas significantly..

uncommonfilth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:20 am

I would like to contribute to the drafting of press releases and other public comments.

Name: I would like to remain anonymous for now but I propose to contribute to draftings only, not act as a spokesperson or an official liaison
Experience: high-level marketing and negotiations with major corporations (if the word "corporations" scare anyone, I am happy to give up).

Last edited by georgesetal on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post by jwalls Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:33 am

Name: Jedediah Walls
PR Background:
- PhD Student, Media Psychology
- Master's Degree, MLS, focused in Online Social Networking and Social Informatics (Facebook)
- 2 Business Degrees, Marketing & Advertising

5 years Journalism, 7 Years Marketing for Nonprofits. Proficient in web 2.0 technology and web development. Worked locally, nationally, and internationally on marketing communications. Leverage understanding of public relations and marketing towards positive messages and advancing the common good.

jwalls

Back to top Go down

Post by pearljam Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:54 pm

I would love to help any way I can.

Chris Baratta, 32
PhD candidate in English (will be complete in May 2012...I hope, I hope)
Binghamton University
Binghamton, NY

I don't have journalistic experience, but I am confident that I can handle press releases, articles, interviews, writing of declarations, and any other types of writing that are needed.
As my academic experience shows, I extensive experience in research, critical analysis, and analytical writing. Despite being in an English dept., my areas of study also include social and cultural studies, political discourse, environmentalism, and history.
pearljam
pearljam

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:57 pm

You've all been added!

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Admin wrote:You've all been added!

Great. How do go about this? Communicate among ourselves - or through an open thread?
Who is to come up with our immediate priorities?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:27 pm

I'd suggest that all groups get together in whatever way makes them most comfortable - here in the forum in your WorkGroup forum, an online Skype meeting, email, whatever. Figure out your strengths and weaknesses amongst yourselves. Assign people to specific areas, or work on them all together.

One of you will have to be the Workgroup facilitator, responsible for running meetings in a fair and democratic fashion. Someone will have to take minutes, too (I would suggest not the facilitator, as he/she will be busy enough!) if it's a voice meeting.

All Workgroups must report back to the general populace once a week. I should make a forum section for that. What does everyone think of having votes of confidence from the general populace on each workgroup once a week after the reports? Basically a "yeah the PR group sounds like they're headed in the right direction" or "whoa, hey, these guys are clueless" sort of thing.

Assume that we have a deadline of getting people to Philly or an online convention by July 4. Work backward from there and create a timeline of activity?

I would REALLY REALLY stress that we shouldn't worry about timelines until we fully identify our mission and our group. That's up to everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Molly Carmody wrote:I'd suggest that all groups get together in whatever way makes them most comfortable - here in the forum in your WorkGroup forum, an online Skype meeting, email, whatever. Figure out your strengths and weaknesses amongst yourselves. Assign people to specific areas, or work on them all together.

One of you will have to be the Workgroup facilitator, responsible for running meetings in a fair and democratic fashion. Someone will have to take minutes, too (I would suggest not the facilitator, as he/she will be busy enough!) if it's a voice meeting.

All Workgroups must report back to the general populace once a week. I should make a forum section for that. What does everyone think of having votes of confidence from the general populace on each workgroup once a week after the reports? Basically a "yeah the PR group sounds like they're headed in the right direction" or "whoa, hey, these guys are clueless" sort of thing.

Assume that we have a deadline of getting people to Philly or an online convention by July 4. Work backward from there and create a timeline of activity?

I would REALLY REALLY stress that we shouldn't worry about timelines until we fully identify our mission and our group. That's up to everyone.

To Molly: agree with working in a separate forum and deliver once a week. But I would like our mission and immediate priorities to be defined/confirmed by the steering committee. We could come up with a draft of the same if preferred.

To the group: I cannot be the facilitator and if you want me on the phone that will by Skype as I am in Korea right now. But you can definitely count on me to do my daily work. I would propose to work by email for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Moved to PR forum to clean up Announcements area

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum