The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance and Permits

Go down

Insurance and Permits Empty Insurance and Permits

Post by michaelp Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:49 am

Can someone look into what insurance we will need to purchase as a 501 or 527 to protect us from liability now, during the elections and at the National General Assembly? Someone also raised a good point, will we have to obtain permits to gather in the districts to vote? Is that an assembly requiring a permit?

Insurance and permits could be a major expense.

Michael

michaelp

Back to top Go down

Insurance and Permits Empty Insurance

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I am on the board of a not for profit, my homeowners assn, and we carry General Liability, D&O (Director and Officers Liability) and Employee Dishonesty which I understand can be part of D&O. With a budget of just under $100k this coverage runs us about $4,000/year. I believe that we have minimum coverage in General Liability and D&O ($1 Million?) and $100k coverage for employee dishonesty and since we have no employees that coverage is just related to those on the board with access to our bank accounts. There are of course other types of coverage as well, here is a web site that appears to have a good list.

http://www.insurancefornonprofits.org/Insurance-For-Nonprofits-List-Of-Coverages.cfm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum