The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GrassRoots Committee

+6
occupyterrehaute
DJequalityNash
AmericanRevolutionary
Jenye
will621
admin
10 posters

Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty GrassRoots Committee

Post by admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 am

I am seeking members for the GrassRoots committee. We need individuals who believe they are capable of establishing grass-roots level campaigns for the 99Declaration/Delegation process in each congressional district across the United States. You will not be required to travel to these locations, but you will need to make reliable contacts in each of these locations in order to create a "District Leader" position for each congressional district so that we can begin organizing the election and voting process.

Please briefly fill out the form below to apply for a spot on the GrassRoots Committee. We will need to fill at least 50 slots, 1 for each state. You will receive a PM if you are approved.

Name:
Grass Roots/Campaigning Background:
Why you believe you are right for the job in 5 sentences or less:

Thank you!

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty Re: GrassRoots Committee

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Name: Molly Carmody
Location: Yelm, Washington. Easy access to Olympia, Tacoma, and to a lesser extent, Seattle and Portland
Grass Roots/Campaigning Background: None but I'm willing to give it my best shot.
Why you believe you are right for the job in 5 sentences or less: I'm a full time student with lots of time on my hands. I have 24 hour access to a computer and the Internet. I have already started contacting Occupy movements in my NW state region, inviting a rep from each GA to the Webinar. I'm willing to work hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks Molly! I'm going to add you to the group for WA, since I have already worked with you as a Moderator and believe you're a good candidate for community organizing.

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty desire to get involved.

Post by will621 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi.

I do not feel qualified to take a leadership role as a volunteer. But am interested in helping out in out in some form. I am an underemployed artist that is willing to fill any "niche" or grunt type jobs within the delaware/philadelphia region (I live in delaware). For someone like myself... can a list be created of people that are willing to help out the people with more active roles. Perhaps for events? or any way that their is a need on the "grunt" level.

Thanks.

will621

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm

will621 wrote:Hi.

I do not feel qualified to take a leadership role as a volunteer. But am interested in helping out in out in some form. I am an underemployed artist that is willing to fill any "niche" or grunt type jobs within the delaware/philadelphia region (I live in delaware). For someone like myself... can a list be created of people that are willing to help out the people with more active roles. Perhaps for events? or any way that their is a need on the "grunt" level.

Thanks.

Will, as an artist, maybe you could help us develop a decent logo and/or artwork! See this thread:

https://the99delegation.forumotion.com/t180-the-99-logo

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Will, Molly's suggestion is a good one, we clearly need some help there, especially if we ever try to make the logo official ( legal copyright infringement i'm sure ).
As for starting a group of volunteers with no specific leadership qualities, that's a great idea! Maybe you are a leader after all, ha ha. I'll start the group and invite you.

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty Working with you

Post by Jenye Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Molly,

I'd like to work with you.

Name: Jennifer Warren
Background : Media- Developing and Directing television commercials, Shooting PSA's etc., Editing with Final Cut Pro Studio 3, Writing copy (I have Final Draft -- and am using that to write a novel, but prefer Movie Magic Screenwriter for scripts) , former activist now largely chained to a desk as a writer/producer - tho I'm currently making plans for a feature. My hours are a bit weird, but I try to spend a couple of hours every day on the computer.

I use a Mac...well, an iMac (27" screen, 16GB Ram, 2TB internal HD- 2TB external HD)

In a pinch, I can always pop in a thumb drive or one of those new chip thingies.

When I say "Former Activist"...my bonifidies are as follows :

Age 12: (1968) Arrested 47 times for sneaking onto the Oakland, CA Army base and spray painting peace signs on the tanks. Never prosecuted.

Age 15: (1971) Arrested for protesting the attempt to destroy People's Park in Berkeley, CA

Age 16: (1972) Sent to live with me Grandda in Belfast. I think the idea was to keep me out of trouble. Grandda had participated in the Easter Revolution back in 1916, and told me all about it. Joined Belfast Brigade's Second Battalion. Spoke boldly against the occupation. Picked up by the brits and was beaten, raped and tortured by them. Returned to america.

Age 17: Joined the Navy.

Since then, I didn't do much. I got into computers and ran a BBS for a while. When the Internet became available to me, I learned all I could about it...but mostly spent my time in IRC chat rooms...discussing politics and problems. I learned how to debate with alarming success. I have never, however, taken my IRC chat room debating skills into the real world. I am not, however, afraid to try.

Currently I hold a Masters in Religious History (which means that I have a very firm grasp of the history of the relationship between church and state). It is true that I have participated in the translation of some cuneiform tablets, but it is NOT true that I have ever worked on the Dresden Codex. So... just want to be clear on that.

I did participate in the WTO protests in Seattle, tho all it got me was an arrest for "Failure to Disburse".
It was because of that arrest (which included my being beaten and sprayed) that I had to be sent to the hospital. It was there that they discovered a lump behind my right ear that they said could not be explained by a blow of any kind. After more tests, the lump turned out to be Cancer - Hodgekins Lymphoma. In addition, my blood tests came back and revealed Diabetes (type 2).

Since then I've had a couple of heart attacks (Angina-which required a double CABG) and have been struggling to build my strength back up. So... I can help on the computer, but leg work is another issue entirely.

As a short way of mentioning why I want to be involved : Because this is the movement I have hoped and prayed and wished for all my life. A movement where change is affected by PEOPLE instead of the government.

I fully expect opposition to this movement. The current Senate Majority leader (Eric Cantor-R) has already referred to us as a "Dangerous Mob" and said he has "deep concerns" about us becoming "violent". This is always the kind of language which is used prior to sending in Agents to CREATE violent acts...so that the movement can be blamed. They did it during Vietnam, They did it in Seattle, They've done it in Chicago, Philadelphia and everywhere else. They have no problem doing it now.

Just fair warning...but I want you to know that I'll help in any way I can.

Jennifer Warren

Molly Carmody wrote:
Name: Molly Carmody
Location: Yelm, Washington. Easy access to Olympia, Tacoma, and to a lesser extent, Seattle and Portland
Grass Roots/Campaigning Background: None but I'm willing to give it my best shot.
Why you believe you are right for the job in 5 sentences or less: I'm a full time student with lots of time on my hands. I have 24 hour access to a computer and the Internet. I have already started contacting Occupy movements in my NW state region, inviting a rep from each GA to the Webinar. I'm willing to work hard.
Jenye
Jenye

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Wow, Jenye, what a story! Would you also be willing to participate in the Adverting Committee? That is specifically for creating commercials for radio and tv. I will add you to the grass-roots group. Thank you for all you've done for our country and what you believe in. Smile

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty Advertising Committee

Post by Jenye Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm

It would be my very great honor to be a part of such a committee.

Jennie

Admin wrote:Wow, Jenye, what a story! Would you also be willing to participate in the Adverting Committee? That is specifically for creating commercials for radio and tv. I will add you to the grass-roots group. Thank you for all you've done for our country and what you believe in. Smile
Jenye
Jenye

https://www.facebook.com/howlingpost

Back to top Go down

Post by AmericanRevolutionary Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Name: Robert McRoberts

1990-1992 Activist for freedom of access to public parks and beaches for
community groups, Jensen Beach Fl.

1992-1994 Member of Save Americas Forests, worked in campaign against
Timber Salvage Rider (HR 1102). Peekskill NY.

1994 Co-founder of Hudson Highlands Green Party in Peekskill NY.

1995 Host for the NY State Green Party Convention in Lake Peekskill NY.

1996 Regional Coordinator for Signature Campaign to put Ralph Nader on the ballot as the NY State
Green Party Presidential Candidate.
Candidate for the 19th Congressional District in NY.

1998 Signature Ballot Manager for Leighton for Governor Campaign,Marijuana Reform
Party, NY

2000 Volunteer for Ralph Nader Presidential Campaign, Charlotte NC.

2002 Co-founder of Central Oregon Green Party, Bend Or.
Regional Coordinator for Measure 23, Universal Health Care.
Regional Coordinator Measure 28, Labeling of GMO’s

2003 Volunteer Contact Person for Kucinich Volunteers LA, Ca.

2004 Convener for Kucinich Delegate Caucus in 33rd district in Ca.
Field Coordinator for the Kucinich Campaign in Hollywood Ca.

2006 www.spacebob.us

2008 Field Worker Blumenfield for State Assembly, North Hollywood Ca

2009-2010 Volunteer Coordinator for Organizing for America, Chester County Pa.
Field Manager for Kaufman for State Assembly, 22nd Assembly District Pa.

2008-2011 Ancient History Editor Suite101.com

This is what I do. I am a lifelong activist and a history major. I have been working for decades towards the day that the people of this country would have a chance to truly make their voices heard. I also have management experience in restaurant and catering and I have planned events for up to 1,000 people.

Last edited by AmericanRevolutionary on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AmericanRevolutionary
AmericanRevolutionary

Back to top Go down

Post by DJequalityNash Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:31 pm

I'd like to assist in the Georgia state efforts, particularly in my own northwest region, but think state teams would be a good idea. I have no experience really until 3 weeks ago, so can really only offer to assist.

DJequalityNash

http://bythepeople-forthepeople.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty hmm

Post by will621 Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:36 am

Admin wrote:Will, Molly's suggestion is a good one, we clearly need some help there, especially if we ever try to make the logo official ( legal copyright infringement i'm sure ).
As for starting a group of volunteers with no specific leadership qualities, that's a great idea! Maybe you are a leader after all, ha ha. I'll start the group and invite you.

yea...I actually like the logo..but am unaware if the image has been copyrighted...I saw some of the others suggested and still like the GW one. I could brainstorm a bit. I have some experience with logo's.

as for leading a group of any kind. I am a horrible candidate. I lack the organizational skills for such a thing. But would gladly be a member of a group to contribute ideas to or to complete tedious assignments that someone else might not have time to complete. For example, if someone needed information on a particular subject....I can confidently say that I am good at digging around. What you need is a resource manager. Someone to direct people to look into specific ideas in order to highlight the positions of the movement.

will621

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty Indiana 8th district

Post by occupyterrehaute Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 pm

I would like to assist with Indiana

Name: Tracy Lubbehusen

Statement of intent: While I am new to activism, I do have a college degree in German with a minor in International relations and have attended graduate school and currently possess 36 graduate credits. I first became interested in activism when I was an exchange student in Germany and have done research for an upper level German class about a controversial German law about the unemployed there and became involved with a conservation organization there. Coming back from Germany, I realized that something was 'not right' with our country but was not sure what it was. I believe I will be good for this position as I have been following OWS very actively from the very start, thus influencing my starting of my local occupy group. I am comfortable with speaking in front of others and handling very difficult decisions as you can see below.

EDUCATION
2002-2005 BA German and International Relations, Indiana State University
2004 Studied abroad in Braunschweig, Germany, and dealt with a lot of people bashing our country and president.

October 12 2011 Helped plan and organize Occupy Terre Haute. We had our first March yesterday and are in the process of long term planning .
Sept 2007 Guest Preschool Teacher in Prague , Czech Republic. Was a guest teacher in a very upper class school as in Government officials' children went to school there.

2010-Present No Child Left Behind tutor Abacus In Home Tutorng Recriuited and taught eligible students under the No Child Left Behind Act and taught those students math and reading schools. Complete admin work online. Maintain State requirements to tutor.

2008-2010 No Child Left Behind Tutor. Club Z In Home Tutoring Recriuited and taught eligible students under the No Child Left Behind Act and taught those students math and reading schools

2010 Casual Clerk, US Postal Service --Job eliminated.

2009 Enumerator, US Census Bureau

2006 ESL conversation teacher Bucheon, South Korea

Hope this helps

Last edited by occupyterrehaute on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lacked statement of intent)

occupyterrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Jessup Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:02 am

I'd like to volunteer my efforts for the state of Colorado

Name: Ian Jessup

Grass Roots/Campaigning Background: Nothing really significant. In the early 2000's I volunteered time for campaigns of candidates running for local government positions for the city of Westminster, and Adams County. Outside of that I ran the Biology Club for the Metropolitan State College of Denver in 2007/2008 as the vice-president and president.

Why you believe you are right for the job in 5 sentences or less: I hold a firm belief in being passionate about the causes I support, and having the commitment to follow through on that enthusiasm. I'm no stranger to the skills needed to engage perfect strangers in conversation. Laughing I'm a recent college graduate in biology/chemistry, as such I have a strong interest in communicating complex subjects in terms the average person can understand and have cultivated public speaking skills necessary to do so. Above all else, I thoroughly enjoy interacting with people.
Ian Jessup
Ian Jessup

https://www.facebook.com/JessupIan

Back to top Go down

GrassRoots Committee Empty Grass roots commitee Louisiana's fightin' First district..hehe

Post by uncommonfilth Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:40 am

Name: Jon Hyers
Grass roots building exp.: Well I knocked on all my neighbors doors to petition for a stop sign on my street, does that count?..
I was a supervisor for UPS in a previous life(20yrs ago), have exp. supervising, training, and getting the most out of up to 30 or so individuals, for whatever the required task..I'm pretty outspoken, I'm involved and an active participant with the Occupy NOLA "Occupation"..Have pretty good communication skills, and if you can find someone better suited, from LA...I wanna meet em...

uncommonfilth

Back to top Go down

Post by BrenW Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 pm

I would like to volunteer for the state of Oklahoma. I am a small business owner (which does limit my available time, sadly) but if given enough notice I can connect with and at least attempt to organize those in my state. I am currently in contact with Occupy OKC. I want this to succeed, and have all ready begun the process of organizing a group here in my town of Lawton with some folks so we can be ready to hold elections for our district. What else do you need me to do? I'm ready!

---Brenda Weber
BrenW
BrenW

Back to top Go down

Post by jryberg Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I just found this site. I'm Jerry Ryberg, in Galesburg, IL. I'm mainly interested in LEGISLATION, and this email just received from moneyouttapolitics.org (MOP) is another reason why:
"The arguments against the constitutional amendment idea are in OpEd article that you have seen. They range from the fact that it will take 2/3ds of Congress and 38 states to get an amendment but just a majortiy vote from Congress to get legislation - to the fact that a constitutional amendment cannot possibly contain the complexity to cover all the legal issues necessary to get money out of politics. The main issue is that a constitutional amendment is unnecessary because Art III allows Congress to restrict the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.. Attached is a draft of an article about to be published which gives the details on this point.

I haven't opened the PDF yet, but Larry Kachimba and his group sure seem to know what they are talking about.

jryberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Moved to Community Outreach workgroup forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down