The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Membership Data

2 posters

Go down

Membership Data Empty Membership Data

Post by Joe Steel Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:03 am

A few days ago, we had an announcement asking members of the forum to list their location in a particular way. That's disappeared so I guess we no longer need the information. I think we do need standards of information, though, certain things we collect from each member so we can ensure the product of this effort reflects the American People as a whole. I'd like to see some standards posted in a sticky announcement. New members would be required to supply it before joining and current members would have to update their information.

My concern is prompted by observation of the various general assemblies. While we do see some middle age and older participants, the GAs seem mostly younger folks, 20s and 30s. That's pretty much what I'd expect from an effort organized around outdoor activities with as much risk as the occupations entail. We have to be careful, though, that our work reflects the efforts of more than the folks who can assume that kind of risk. At least, we should know that it's skewed if it is.

Joe Steel
Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Membership Data Empty Re: Membership Data

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Agreed, but there are major concerns with the security of this site. Before we all commit to giving out loads of personal info (like I have myself, doh) let's move to a far more secure site. Non-public info can easily be pulled from databases like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by nobud Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Molly Carmody wrote:Agreed, but there are major concerns with the security of this site. Before we all commit to giving out loads of personal info (like I have myself, doh) let's move to a far more secure site. Non-public info can easily be pulled from databases like this.

I agree with Molly. The preservation of PII (Personally Identifiable Information) is a top priority behind moving to a more secure site. That, and withstanding direct hacking attacks from critics. (And there will be some).

nobud

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Steel Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Teri Bidwell wrote:
Molly Carmody wrote:Agreed, but there are major concerns with the security of this site. Before we all commit to giving out loads of personal info (like I have myself, doh) let's move to a far more secure site. Non-public info can easily be pulled from databases like this.

I agree with Molly. The preservation of PII (Personally Identifiable Information) is a top priority behind moving to a more secure site. That, and withstanding direct hacking attacks from critics. (And there will be some).
OK.

You're right.
Joe Steel
Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Although, upon reflection, anyone with half a brain could figure out where I live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum