The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting Finance Work Group Members

3 posters

Go down

Recruiting Finance Work Group Members Empty Recruiting Finance Work Group Members

Post by nobud Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:53 pm

This is a tough subject that makes us all uncomfortable given our number one goal of getting money out of politics.

Unfortunately, without national advertising, we are estimating that we will need to raise at least $1 million to organize the voting in all 435 districts, tabulate the ballots, pay for a venue in Philly during the height of the tourist season and house and feed 870 delegates while they are Philly for probably two weeks. I think we need to open a bank account at a small community bank or credit union and set up a pay pal account. Lastly we need a person to chair the financial affairs committee to oversea spending and budgets. Preferable a person with an accounting background.

Fair Warning:

If you are interested in taking on this huge responsibility, I will also need your full name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, social security, means of employment so I can run a criminal background check and civil law suit check. I may also also you be to fingerprinted.

I am sorry but if we are going to ask a small group of people to handle upwards of $1 million, we have to take precautions.

Michael

nobud

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Finance Work Group Members Empty Re: Recruiting Finance Work Group Members

Post by Joe Steel Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Teri Bidwell wrote:Subject: [the99declaration] Raising Money and Setting Up the Financial Affairs Committee on the Forum

We must have some unemployed lawyers and CPA's who need something to do!

As long as we're going to be collecting a lot of money anyway, maybe we could hire an established accounting firm or lawyer to be a trustee for the funds. That would eliminate any uncertainly which might be associated with volunteers.
Joe Steel
Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Finance Work Group Members Empty Re: Recruiting Finance Work Group Members

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 pm

My husband is willing to form the 501(c)3 pro bono, but he's understandably leery of being officially associated with this movement; he's got clients in the 1%.

The 501(c)3 is going to need a Board of Directors, officers, etc. If my husband forms it, the corporation will officially "live" in Washington state, which isn't really an issue unless you all are concerned. The IRS doesn't care where it lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Steel Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I volunteer to be a member of the Finance Committee.
Joe Steel
Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Pulled from the other post to unify them.. so we are all on topic.

I am seeking members for the Finance committee. We need individuals who believe they are capable of raising money for advertisements, travel, web maintenance, etc.

Please briefly fill out the form below to apply for a spot on the Finance Committee. There are a limited number of spots, so if you are approved, you will receive a PM.

Name:
Fund Raising Background:
Why you believe you are right for the job in 5 sentences or less:

Thank you!

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Moved to finance workgroup forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down