The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection

+3
BrenW
aspiesmom
DJequalityNash
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection - Page 2 Empty Re: The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection

Post by DJequalityNash Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:45 am

Thank you, Molly!

Bren what I'd kind of imagined was that everybody in the Community Outreach Working Groups would form their own state working groups in the Community Outreach sub forums. But I do suppose there may be a few with good experience who would rather just work on the national level, and maybe provide community organizing guidance to the rest of us, but would not wish to participate on the state level due to time constraints or whatnot.

Either way, state teams will and should form, and providing them each with their own sub forums will encourage their more active planning and effective group work. If we run elections, we're going to need sufficiently sized state groups. I'm hoping large groups can be added to the state sub forums without having to admit them all (hundreds) to the general Community Outreach forums. If not then they'll need their own category I guess.

DJequalityNash

http://bythepeople-forthepeople.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection - Page 2 Empty Multilevel workgroups

Post by RayArrowood Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 pm

That was basically what I was suggesting in my Root Causes + Direct Action = Change message D.J. The local workgroups would coordinate at the regional (state) level, and the State work groups would coordinate at the national level. Then we have a system where the messengers between the groups become a clearing house for information, while the regional and national groups work on collating the best practices from all the local working groups.

Personally, I am waiting for the writers work group to form. I have some suggestions on how we can organize that group to produce some very powerful literature, and I can't wait to start rewriting our constitution (as Thomas Jefferson recommended we do every 20 years, because language and society are constantly evolving).
RayArrowood
RayArrowood

http://the-utopian.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection - Page 2 Empty Re: The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:12 pm

RayArrowood wrote:

Personally, I am waiting for the writers work group to form. I have some suggestions on how we can organize that group to produce some very powerful literature, and I can't wait to start rewriting our constitution (as Thomas Jefferson recommended we do every 20 years, because language and society are constantly evolving).

Wait a minute. We're rewriting the Constitution?

I'll put up the Drafting WorkGroup in Announcements. Does anyone else have requests for immediate recruitment of Workgroup threads?

Back to top Go down

The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection - Page 2 Empty Rewriting the Constitution

Post by RayArrowood Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Lol,. we don't have to rewrite it if most people are opposed to that Molly. I'm just suggesting it because it was a recommendation from Thomas Jefferson. There are more important documents to write first.

Here's how I suggest we organize the writers group.

In my opinion there are four aspects to a powerful message. Content, Logic, Wording, and Conciseness (five if you count grammar).

If we break the writers into four sub groups, we can cover all these aspects more efficiently. Researchers would gather the content for example. The logic people would organize it logically, the wording people would write the basic draft, and the conciseness group would refine it. The draft should probably pass back and forth between the wording and conciseness sub groups several times until no further improvements can be made, then the final draft should go to someone with excellent grammar skills to check the grammar.
RayArrowood
RayArrowood

http://the-utopian.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The Collated WorkGroup Suggestion Collection - Page 2 Empty Just one suggestion: E-Voting WG

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:06 am

Thanks for coming up with such a structure.

I have suggested somewhere that someone take the initiative to form a working group on studying the feasibility of organizing the election of delegates online. I think that is one key topic that needs to be debated pretty quickly and a number of people here seem to be knowledgeable to take on that challenge.

I would see this as a WG not a sub-WG.

Back to top Go down

Post by richard in norway Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am

Thank god there is some organization happening, but when can a decision on decision making be made. We need to resolve the consensus democracy issue now if not sooner, but hardly anyone has voted on that poll. Can we make it more prominent, perhaps have it as the first thing you come to when entering the site.

flower

richard in norway
richard in norway

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 pm

I'll see what I can do, Richard. I don't know if I can pull a single thread out to the top level. Maybe I'll make an 'URGENT' forum with all expiring polls. Thanks for the suggestion.

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by richard in norway Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Admin

Thanks, already there are more votes. Good stuff

flower
richard in norway
richard in norway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2