The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations

5 posters

Go down

Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations Empty Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations

Post by fwankie Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 am

End too big to fail. Break up the biggest banks. Ban derivatives trading.

Keep Social Security solvent for generations by raising the ceiling on income subject to the Social Security tax to $300,000. Currently, $106,500.

Adopt California's Proposition 20 nationwide and end gerrymandering by politicians and turn the drawing of congressional districts over to citizen committees.

fwankie

Back to top Go down

Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations Empty NO "Cap", on taxable earnings..Lower,flatter rates

Post by uncommonfilth Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 pm

fwankie wrote:End too big to fail. Break up the biggest banks. Ban derivatives trading.

Keep Social Security solvent for generations by raising the ceiling on income subject to the Social Security tax to $300,000. Currently, $106,500.

Adopt California's Proposition 20 nationwide and end gerrymandering by politicians and turn the drawing of congressional districts over to citizen committees.
open-ended,progressive....as wealth is accumulated lower the rates from the bottom..Can't strees enough, that ANY CAP on Tax rates,or Taxable Earnings, Undermines the the Stability of any Capitalistic Economy,by encourtaging DISPARITY...ie; The more Capital I have the more I can leverage that capital to take advantage of what ALL Americans(past/present), have(natural resources), sacrificed,stole,paid for(infrastructure),etc...therefore if there's ANY "cap" the Individual ,or Corp. with the most has unfair advantage over Everyone with less...er go, they pay more...this can, and should be a very small/marginal increase in rate..fractions of %s

uncommonfilth

Back to top Go down

Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations Empty Re: Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations

Post by Joe Steel Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm

fwankie wrote:Keep Social Security solvent for generations by raising the ceiling on income subject to the Social Security tax to $300,000. Currently, $106,500.

I think we have to be very careful about the upper limit. Assuming income is a proxy for influence, raising the cost of Social Security to the point where it becomes burdensome to influential persons creates powerful enemies. When they become enemies of SS, it will suffer.
Joe Steel
Joe Steel

http://thejoesteelblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations Empty Re: Top 4 Things To Add To The 99% Declarations

Post by simplee Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Joe Steel wrote:
fwankie wrote:Keep Social Security solvent for generations by raising the ceiling on income subject to the Social Security tax to $300,000. Currently, $106,500.

I think we have to be very careful about the upper limit. Assuming income is a proxy for influence, raising the cost of Social Security to the point where it becomes burdensome to influential persons creates powerful enemies. When they become enemies of SS, it will suffer.

Joe, you are missing the fact that our most basic intent is to do away with income being a proxy for influence in politics. Once we get an amendment to the constitution prohibiting all private campaign contributions and monetary or gift lobbying, then no matter what the person makes, they will have one vote.... just like everyone else. We can't keep playing the same game by their rules the way we have been. We have to change the rules and make it our game! So as far as Soc Sec, we need to just ELIMINATE THE CAP ALTOGETHER! That is the only way to make it truly fair, and will also make it a viable system for the foreseeable future!

simplee

Back to top Go down

Post by richard in norway Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:40 pm

The one% have a vested interest in preserving soc sec, its primary propose is to prevent revolutions like the one in Russia 1917 but they seem to have forgotten their own best interests. I hasten to add that I am not calling for revolution I am only pointing out what happens historically when wealth becomes so unbalanced. None of us here have any real interest in revolution because history teaches us that after the 1% the next up against the wall are those who are against the whole concept of a ruling class, again Russia is the perfect example.
richard in norway
richard in norway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down