The 99% Delegation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we align with another group?

2 posters

Go down

Should we align with another group? Empty Should we align with another group?

Post by rcampbellnc Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 am

Hello All,

I'm happy that this group exists. And I'm happy to do whatever I can to help. But a question comes up. I joined http://www.americanselect.org/ before OWS got going. I see there goal in line with ours and they are further along on a timeline for a national election of a President and other representatives that will begin implementing the change we seek.

I'm not speaking for anyone but me, but wanted to see what others think. I've actually contacted Kellen Arno,
National Field Director (email: kellen.arno@americanselect.org) after I got this message:
http://bit.ly/s84erz

Once I read that, I thought about our efforts here. Is this something we should look at? I got permission to post Kellen's email here, so feel free to contact her if you questions about that organization.

Sorry to ramble, but I feel this is the time to discuss this.

-Robert
rcampbellnc
rcampbellnc

Back to top Go down

Should we align with another group? Empty aligning to other existing groups

Post by jaime Ca Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Yes I think we should consider approaching existing groups to see how we agree or disagree. This seems to me the best way to define our group, that is the 99% . Without a clear mission, how can we possibly move forward to represent a body of people?
If we engage other groups we can only gain: more members and a better understanding of ourselves. I have talked to the local Sierra club group to host a discussion group to seek common ground. While I i know that our issues are more widespread then just environmental , there has to be some inclusion into our platform about the environment.
Jaime

jaime Ca

Back to top Go down

Should we align with another group? Empty Re: Should we align with another group?

Post by BradB Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 pm

interesting site Robert, thanks...

BradB

Back to top Go down

Should we align with another group? Empty Re: Should we align with another group?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down